I’m Jean-Paul Calbimonte. I’m a senior researcher at the Institute of Information Systems (IIG) at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland (HES-SO). I had the pleasure to work previously at EPFL in the the Distributed Information Systems Lab (LSIR). I also enjoyed some years working in the Ontology Engineering Group at UPM (Madrid), where I finished my PhD. Our Lab (AISLab) is located in the beautiful city of Sierre, Switzerland , surrounded of mighty mountains.
My personal and professional stuff is all here http://jeanpi.org
My main focus is on streaming data sources and sensor networks data on the Web,and Internet of Things.
I help coordinating the W3C RDF Stream Processing Group.
I also work on mappings-based integration, heterogeneous data sources and generation of Linked Data. If you care about the Semantic Sensor Web and have a nice idea to share, email me!
More about me
I’ve also been a research visitor at LSIR lab, EPFL in 2011. Before, I spent 2 nice years in Lausanne doing my Master in CS at EPFL; I worked on my Master thesis with Fabio Porto, at Stefano Spaccapietra’s LDB Lab.
There, I worked at the IIIA Lab.
- RDF Stream Processing Tutorial at ISWC 2016
- OrdRing Ordering And Reasoning Workshop at ISWC 2015
- Tutorial on Stream Reasoning at ISWC 2015
- RDF Stream Processing Workshop at ESWC 2015
- Stream Reasoning for Linked Data Tutorial at ISWC 2014
- RDF Stream Processing Tutorial at ESWC 2014
- Stream Reasoning for Linked Data Tutorial at ISWC 2013
I (am) have been PC member in:
ISWC2016, ESWC2016 (track chair), ISWC2015, ESWC2015, ESWC2014, ESWC2013, SSN2014, SSN2013,
OrdRing2014, Hypertext 2015, CLEI 2015, HiDeSt 2015, AAAI2013 AIW, CAEPIA2011
I have also been reviewer for:
- P2P2015,AAAI2014, MDM2014, ISWC2014, ISWC2013, Semantic Web Journal, Journal of Web Semantics, COLD 2012, DEBS2011, IEEE Sensors Journal,ECOINF Journal, IEEE IoT Journal, ACM ToIT Transactions on Internet Technology Journal, ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks